Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oat Crisp Cookies


I have sampled my share of vegan cookies over the years and I have to say that most of the ones bought in stores tend to be a little heavy and doughey, until I discovered these little jewels. Light and cripsy on the outside and tender in the middle. Not too sweet, just the right amount of fat. They remind me of Anzacs, those Australian cookies but less sweet. Like all good things, one or two does the trick. 

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup of quick oatmeal
1/2 cup pastry flour
1/2  tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut powder
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of oil
2 Tb soy milk
1/2 cup raisin
1 tsp cinamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp anis seeds (optional)
  1. Mix all dry ingredients together, then add the wet ones.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Make little mounds and flatten them.
  4. Bake at 390F for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly browned.
Enjoy and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment